Friday 24 May 2013

An aunty

Well, it has been a while but it has been busy.  What's new?  I am going to be an aunty 4 times this year.  To one in May, Twins in June and another in October, (as far as I am aware).  I am already an aunty.  Coming from a big family, one is blessed with many nieces and nephews.  One of the bonuses is my kids have so many brothers and sisters.  My kids are getting there in understanding the concept of family in the faaSamoa.  (It is a bit hard with a mum that calls everyone cousin).  It is such a different world for my two when meeting up with their cousins.  They are learning names and whom belongs to whom.
Here in Dunedin, we have aunty Sina and uncle John and aunty May with cousins Lilly, Jassie, Javana and JJ.  We have our family gathering once a month.  It is always a highlight.
As an absent aunty to my many nieces and nephews, I have appointed myself the book-keeper of family birthdays.  I am continuing my daddy's book.  It is quite a hilarious task, especially when the book-keeper has a memory lapse :-) or has not been informed and get corrected on FB!!!  I love it, what are families for but to help one along the way..LOL
I started out so I can keep up with all my nieces and nephews, and it has become the FAMILY book!!!  It is a real pleasure though.  For instance, in daddy's book, I had T1 as an Aquarius, but I have corrected the records for he is a Pisces baby.  It has also been identified, thus far, the darling buds of May definitely flourished on the family.  Percentages, I have to say there is an even number of boys to girls in the next generation.  We are blessed.

An aunt, well it is one that loves like a parent but acts more like a friend (I am told).  So, to all my nieces and nephews and the news ones to be, I may be far away in person but in prayer I hold you all close in my heart and aunty has a big heart xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment